These commands relate to giving commands to your units in Supreme Commander, allowing for a great variety and complexity of the commands issued.
Right Click: Give default order
- On terrain: Move
- On enemies: Attack
- Engineers will Capture enemies instead.
- On allies or construction: Assist
- Engineers will Repair construction instead.
- Transports will Transport allied units instead.
- On transports: Transport
- On ferry points: Transport
- Transports will Ferry from that ferry point instead.
- On a Move waypoint: Patrol (UNDOCUMENTED)
- On an Attack waypoint: Coordinated Attack
- Coordinated Attacks must be issued in reverse order of speed: artillery first, aircraft last. All groups will attack simultaneously.
Right Click and hold: Move in formation
Ctrl + Right Click: Move in default formation
- While holding Right Click, press Left Click to cycle through formations.
- Taking formation takes priority over arriving at the location. Units at the front may actually go backwards to accomplish this.
CTRL + Alt + Right Click: Attack Move
Attack + Left Click on ground: Attack Move
- Attack Move instructs units to pursue enemies before completing their move order. It is denoted as a red line with a blue Move waypoint.
Shift + Right Click: Queue this command after the current one
Shift + Left Click and hold on a command: Move the location of this command
DIVE / SURFACE
LAUNCH TACTICAL MISSILE
Press Transport once to load and again to unload.
Engineers set to Patrol will automatically Repair and Reclaim.
TOGGLE FIRE STATE
Toggles between Fire At Will, Hold Fire and Hold Ground.
Engineers and the Cybran Mantis will Repair units they are assisting. Other units will deploy in protective formation around the unit.
Factories will take on the build queue and default orders of the factory they are assisting. Transports assisting a factory will transport to help carry out the default orders of the factory.
Air units assisting a ferry beacon will attempt to help ferry.
A transport told to Ferry will create a ferry beacon at its current location and start ferrying units to the chosen destination.
There are no shortcuts in Supreme Commander for upgrading units, toggling on/off cloaking and stealth, sacrificing, docking, or ordering factories to repeat orders; they must be manually clicked in the interface or Build Mode.